University of Stirling Open Doors event
University of Stirling - Saturday 18th March 2017
The programme offers something for all ages.
Activities include hands-on science fun for children; engaging short talks by experts; a chance to explore the history of the University and record your own memories; a guided tour of the Art Collection and our own Daily Mile Challenge around the beautiful campus.
We want to encourage as many alumni, students, staff (current and former) and local residents as possible to bring along old photos etc to the event (and also be willing to be interviewed to share their memories of the University). Come and see what's in the University Archives within the Library.
Events on the day include:
- Changed Days in History, Literature and Politics - hear about the humour in Jane Austen's novels and the infamous visit by HRM the Queen to Stirling in 1972.
- Science Cabaret - is there life on Mars?
- Introduction to The Daily Mile from Elaine Wyllie and hear how this initiative is going global. Children and parents can get a certificate upon completion of the one-mile challenge.
- Bridging Generations in an Inclusive Society - what should we do with our ageing population?
- Stirling Stories - and join in our 'vox pop' oral history recordings.
- Opening Up The Archives: 50 years of life on campus - come and see our archives and photographs in the library.
- Learning to Save Lives: Immediate Life Support and CPR Skills - using high-fidelity simulated human patients.
- Printing Display and Workshop - see our 19th century printing press in operation.
- Question Time - where local politicians answer your questions.
- Scavenger Hunt and More - activities for the family and a tour of our Dementia Services suite.
- Science Fair - with hands-on activities including maths games and a magic mirror.
- Pathfoot Sounds: Sound installation and talk - reflecting the architecture and fabric of the Pathfoot building
- Poetry Readings - with students from the Creative Writing programme.
- Tours of the Art Collection - building on the legacy of the first Principal, Professor Tom Cottrell.
Why not make the most of our Community Open Doors Day and pre-book a picnic basket of treats for collection on the day to enjoy in our beautiful grounds. Visit here for more information and to place your order.
We hope there really is something for everyone - come on in, our doors are open! We want to welcome as many people on campus as possible so please share with your friends and family.
We look forward to seeing you there.
- University of Stirling,
Stirling. FK9 4LA
- Contact information
- If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
View more information: https://www.stir.ac.uk/events/#opendoors