Facts and Figures
This page presents a selection of quick facts and figures about Clackmannanshire.
- Clackmannanshire is the second smallest local authority in Scotland stretching across 159 square km,
- Our population is 51,190 (with 25,119 males and 26,071 females) making Clackmannanshire the smallest council in mainland Scotland,
- The most recent Census estimates a population of 51,442,
- It is anticipated that the projected population of Clackmannanshire will decrease slightly to 50,000 by 2037,
- Our largest settlement is Alloa with a population of 20,390.
Households and dwellings
- The are 23,995 dwellings across the county with the majority in Alloa - the largest settlement of Clackmannanshire,
- The number of households reached 23,217 in 2014,
- In Clackmannanshire, the number of lone adult households is projected to increase by 47%, and the number of larger households in Clackmannanshire is projected to fall, with the number of households of 2 or more adults with children decreasing by 3% over the 25 year period.
- Council Tax charges.
- 24% of dwellings benefit from Council Tax Reduction,
- In the last year, 125 new builds were completed in Clackmannanshire.
Earnings and employment
Information about local earnings and employment is produced by nomis. Please refer to their document below:
Useful statistical publications
- If you are interested in finding out what we are consulting on or just want to share your views with us, visit Citizen Space, our consultation system.
Related Publications & Documents
For Further Information Contact
Communications and Community
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 450000