Housing Strategy & Research
Information about housing strategies, related strategies, and current projects.
The final Local Housing Strategy 2012-2017 was endorsed by the Community Planning Partnership, The Alliance, in September 2012, and approved by the Housing, Health and Care Committee on 25th October 2012, and by full Council on 20th December 2012.
It is now a requirement for Councils to prepare an annual Strategic Housing Investment Plan, setting out their priorities for investing in affordable housing. Clackmannanshire Council area currently receives around £3million each year to provide new housing.
Home Energy and Affordable Warmth Action Plan (Fuel Poverty)
This sets out how the Council,working in partnership with others, will tackle the challenge set by the Scottish Government of tackling fuel poverty, climate change and energy efficiency.
Homelessness is a key priority in the Local Housing Strategy and a key action witin this is to deliver a detailed homelessness action plan with partners.
This document sets a good practice Tenant Participation framework for the landlords operating in the Clackmannanshire area.
A strategy designed by our Environmental Services colleagues, to meet the Councils statutory licensing obligations, while ensuring that the HMO sector continues to play a valuable role in providing housing within Clackmannanshire, particularly where this involves vulnerable people.
Current Housing Projects
- Clackmannanshire Housing Strategy
- Development of Particular Needs Action Plan.
- Home Energy.
- Development of Affordable Housing Policy in partnership with planning.
- Development of affordable housing projects with RSL's.
- Private Sector Scheme of Assistance.
- 2001 Housing Scotland Act
- 2003 Homelessness Etc. (Scotland) Act
- 2002 Freedom Of Information (Scotland) Act - see also the Freedom of Information section of this site
- Antisocial Behaviour (Scotland) Act 2004
- Housing Scotland Act (2006)