Sunnyside Primary opened in 1894 and until 1998 was housed in the original sandstone building. In August 1998 the school moved to the present new accommodation comprising classrooms, library, and games/assembly hall.
Sunnyside Nursery class, a 60/60 place nursery, is housed in the old building and provides a safe, stimulating and attractive learning environment for 3 and 4 year old children.
In April 2006, the refurbishment of the top floor of the old building created two new bright, attractive classrooms for P7s, a music/drama room, a large resource room, office space and a meeting room.
The school has excellent facilities and a hard-working staff.
Sunnyside Primary offers After School Clubs which support and extend pupils' learning and also offers many extra curricular opportunities to pupils in arts and sporting activities.
Out of School Care Kidzone@Sunnyside, opened in August 2006. This can provide 21 places for children whose parents require this service.
The school has an active Parent Council who work hard on behalf of the school.
We maintain good links with the community, including a close relationship with Ludgate House Senior Citizens.
Sunnyside also has an active Eco Committee and have worked with the Council's energy officer on identifying where the school consumes the most electricity and gas.
Mrs Helen Finch, Headteacher, welcomes enquiries from prospective parents. She is always pleased to arrange for visitors to be shown around the school and have opportunity to discuss the work of the school.