Community Sport Hubs
Community Sport Hubs are a new initiative being introduced across Scotland, as a key part of the Scottish Government's 2014 Commonwealth Games Legacy for local communities.
They are based in local facilities and will bring local people together and provide a home for local clubs and sports organisations.
They will also provide information, support and advice on a wide range of sports and physical activities to make it easier for local people to get involved and engage in a more active and healthier lifestyle.
- Growth in participation
- Engage the local community
- Promote community leadership
- Offer a range of sporting opportunities
- Bring all appropriate groups together
Clackmannanshire's Community Sport Hubs
Clackmannanshire's Community Sport Hubs will operate out of our 3 secondary schools.
Lornshill Campus Community Sport Hub was established in January 2013 with Alva Campus Community Sport Hub established in 2014. Alloa Campus Hub will start in early 2016.
Clackmannanshire already has a wide variety of constituted and non-constituted groups using our facilities and the Community Sport Hub will help to promote local clubs and encourage increased membership and sport participation.
Providing the pathway
- More opportunities to participate in sport and physical activity
- A home where a range of local sports clubs can work together
- A welcome and safe place to take part in sport and physical activity
Well trained people
- Training and development of the people that make sport happen
- Self sustainable sports clubs/organisations
- An integrated approach from local partners
- A social environment that engages members of the community
- Genuine community engagement and leadership
- Improved access for local people and sports clubs at affordable prices
- Integration with local facility planning and programming
Related Publications & Documents
For Further Information Contact
Community Sport Hub Co-ordinator, Sports Development
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 452338 / 450000